Understanding SARS import and export tax calculations, excise, trade agreements and warehousing.
This course covers:
- How to do accurately calculate import tax
- Accurately using the tariff book (Schedules 1-8)
- How to determine the SARS value on which duty is charged (as opposed to the invoice value)
- Using the SARS rate of exchange
- How to legally prevent, reduce or delay duties and VAT
- How to use trade agreement to increase cashflow
- VAT on exports – when can it be legally zero-rated and when penalties may be charged
- When and how to pay, not pay, or delay excise tax
- And the new South African export duties
Included in the course:
- Case studies of import tax calculations.
- Real classroom footage of training by an industry expert.
- Excerpts from the tariff book and interpretation documents.
- Resources and notes to download and use for the purpose of calculations on future imports.
- An online assessment consisting of 25 questions.
Course takes approximately 2 days to complete in one sitting. Sign-ups have access to all course material for 12 months and can access and complete at their own pace at any point during this time.