Understanding HS Codes and tariff code determination for the sake of customs declaration.
Tariff code determination for the sake of customs declaration.
This course covers:
- A basic understanding of the Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System on an international and South African level.
- Insight into the South African Tariff Book, its content and structure.
- Interpreting a commodity based on its HS Code.
- The steps of HS Code determination for the sake of correctly declaring goods.
- Applying the General Rules of Interpretation written by the World Customs Organisation.
Included in the course:
- A real life tariff code determination process.
- Real classroom footage of training by an industry expert.
- Excerpts from the tariff book and interpretation documents.
- Resources and notes to download and use for the purpose of HS Code determination.
- An online assessment consisting of 25 questions.